Employment Law (UK) List - http://www.danielbarnett.co.uk
ACAS has issued a new draft Code on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures.
It is contained in a consultation document - responses due by 24th March 2000.
You can obtain a copy of the Code by replying to this Email with a blank message (Word document, 227K), alternatively downloading it from www.acas.org.uk . I have not attached the file to this Email because of its size.
The draft Code is much more thorough than the existing Code on disciplinary procedures at work.
Seminar: Avoiding Unfair Dismissal Claims
Speaker: Daniel Barnett, barrister
Organised by BLS Professional Developments
This half-day course assists solicitors in advising employers, prior to dismissals, in how to ensure that staff are dismissed fairly.
Topics covered include:
• steps to take before dismissing
• the decision to dismiss: what to consider (and what not to consider)
• satsifying a tribunal: getting the right evidence
• common pitfalls
• what it things go wrong? Minimising compensation and settling claims cost-effectively
• forthcoming changes in employment law - the next 12 months
• Birmingham: 29th Feb, 27th June, 26th Sept
• Leeds: 17th Feb, 21st June, 20th Sept
• London: 2nd Mar, 28th June, 27th Sept
• Manchester: 24th Feb, 22nd June, 21st Sept
• Newcastle: 16th Feb, 20th June, 19th Sept
• £150+VAT (incl. refreshments and documentation)
• all courses 2.00pm to 5.15pm - 3 CPD hours
• contact BLS developments on 0161 728 1778 or Email email@example.com for a booking form